On behalf of Mothers, Grandmothers, Aunts, sisters, daughters, friends and Constitutionally minded women across our nation, we, at Moms for America express our deep concerns about the passed ratification of H.R. 5, “Equality Act.” Below are nine conclusions on voting “NO” is Constitutionally supported:
1) Doctors could be forced, by federal law to prescribe hormone treatments or conducting gender reassignment surgeries. This violates the “Do no harm” Hippocratic oath that a doctor takes upon becoming a doctor. The Act says that a health professional cannot deny treatment to a person based on their gender identity. Doctors would be subject of violating federal discrimination laws. It would also be a violation of Freedom of Religion, putting all religious hospitals, and faith believing doctors out of business. There would be a health crisis of care. https://www.dailysignal.com/2019/05/10/a-pediatrician-explains-how-dangerous-equality-act-would-force-doctors-to-do-harm/
2) Parental rights would continue to be ignored. The Equality Act proposes that anyone “interfering with access to “transgender procedures or reproductive health,” will be charged with discrimination. This violates parents inalienable Constitutional rights to be the overall care takers of their children’s wellbeing.
The children will literally become the Government’s children.
3) Public Schools, receiving public federal dollars will be required to teach the transgender ideology from Pre-K through College and University. Re: Section 401(b) of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. 2000c(b)), Section 407 of Civil Actions by the Attorney General (42 U.S.C. 2000c–6), and Section 410 of Classification and assignment (42 U.S.C. 2000c–9)
4) H.R 5 The Equality Act has no safeguards for religious freedom. All private schools, homeschool resources, hospitals, churches, any private institution or resource, including adoption agencies will have to submit to transgender ideology.
5) H.R. 5 disregards any natural female rights. Female sports will be gone. The new norm will be men vs coed. There will not be an exclusive women restroom, locker rooms, women shelters, or dorms. Coed will be the way of life. This will also endanger women and children of domestic violence.
6) Real science is misconstrued or deleted to fit a narrative and agenda. It is anti-science that there are no biological, molecular differences between a men and females. From the moment of conception every organ of the body is dedicated to either being a male or female, from the brain, to the muscle and bones. Academia leaders in Medicine, in Physical and Mental Health have gradually become Progressive, Elitist, and supporting the Marxist agenda of conforming “Government knows best.” They have discounted alternate studies and evidences, that have been replicated, of brain studies showing the differences in chemical imbalances with Mental illness.
7) It would silence not only the idea of free speech, but citizens would further lose their interpersonal relationships with each other. That basic kindness and courtesy is foundational in the general society. Citizens would not speak to each other for fear of being fined, losing a job, losing a business, or countless unintended consequences. See the example of a Denver Post columnist being fired for saying there are two genders: https://news.iheart.com/featured/rush-limbaugh/content/2020-01-21-pn-rush-limbaugh-denver-post-columnist-fired-for-saying-there-are-only-two-sexes/
8) According to the National Right to Life Committee (NRLC), the “ERA will lead to taxpayer- financed abortions.” Currently, the federal Medicaid program mandates abortion funding in cases of rape or incest, as well as when a pregnant woman’s life is endangered. According to a recent Gallup pole in 2019, “53% of U.S. adults believe abortion should be legal ‘only under certain circumstances.’ Those circumstances are listed above.
9) H.R. 5 would open the door for pedophilia to be normalized, through teaching consent to children. The discussions in State School Board meetings are centering around lowering the age of teaching consent, instead of Sexual Risk Avoidance (SRR). Lowering the age of consent opens the door for abuse of children who are emotionally, mentally, physiology, and psychologically immature. Long term consequences are not understood by most children. Preying upon children who are taught consent opens the door for Pedophilia to be added to the LGTBQ+ movement. Passing H.R. 5 would protect the adults instead of the children from everlasting effects of abuse. https://weascend.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Sexual-Risk-Avoidance-Education-What-You-Need-to-Know.pdf